Monday, March 1, 2010

March 01, 2010 (060/365)

Snack Attack
This boy can snack you out of house and home. It starts every morning after his glass of milk. Etienne: "Mommy may I have a snack?"
Mommy: "No. You may have breakfast."
Etienne: "I don't want breakfast. I want a snack"
Mommy: "You can't have a snack. You can have breakfast."
Etienne: "I don't' like breakfast."
I can usually convince him to eat breakfast if a snack is to follow.
The snack requests begin again right before lunch time and follow after lunch time. Then again after his nap and after dinner.
He would snack all day if allowed. I'm pretty sure that he believes it needs to crunch to be considered a snack. Pretzels, goldfish, crackers, animal crackers, popcorn. Every once in a while fruit can be substituted for a snack. I try to keep cookies and sweets to a minimum. His most recent snack of choice is mini rice cakes. I guess it could be worse.
I just wish he would show as much enthusiasm towards his meals that he does for his snacks.

2 comments:

  1. So similar here Monique!
    Evie: Mummy, i want something to eat.
    Me: Ok, i'll make your lunch.
    Evie: No! I don't want lunch, i want something else!...

    ReplyDelete