Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 03, 2010 (034/365)

Colossal Cross
About a year ago a church in southeast Houston built this 170 ft cross "as a symbol of hope". I pass this area often and always wanted to stop and photograph it. Not the most beautiful day to stop, but I braved the dreary drizzle and wind, made the u-turn and pulled into the parking lot. I just stood there for a moment and looked at this massive cross. Closer than I have ever been to it, I stood in awe. It's quite difficult to try and relay the size, but to give you some kind of size reference, you can see the power lines towards the bottom of the cross.


3 comments:

  1. WOW! That is impressive! Beautifully framed by the tree - gorgeous photo even on a drizzly day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny that my first words are WOW too! Monique, where exactly is this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It's Sagemont Chuch in southeast Houston. It off the beltway and I45. If you are in the area there is no way you can miss it.

    ReplyDelete