Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26, 2010 (057/365)

Fun Day at the Fair
Today Louis came home from work and asked "what I wanted to do today". My common reply is "I don't know. What do you want to do?" And he had a reply! Most times we know we'd like to do something, but what, is always what gets us. Today he came right out and said "let's go to the fair". So there it was, a definitive plan. Etienne was napping, but once we were ready we went ahead and woke him up. Daylight was slipping away and it was getting cold. There was no time to waste. One thing I hate about fairs are the guys who run the games. Louis called them barkers. Really, I don't want to try and get a ping pong ball in a fish bowl to win a fish. We don't need another fish. We already have a dozen. We did let Etienne pick some ducks and mommy played the water in the bulls eye game and I'm happy to say we both won. Daddy went down the slide with him and on another car ride and Etienne rode on the motorcycle and firetruck rides all by himself. He had a great time. I couldn't pick a favorite for my 365, so I sat Etienne on my lap and we reviewed the pictures together. After looking at them all I asked him what was his favorite part of the fair and he told me "going down the slide with daddy" ♥ So here it is...Etienne's favorite part of going to the fair today :)

2 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea to let E choose his shot - this will ultimately be a fantastic keepsake for him afterall! We are completely the same re "whadoyawannado?" and the days i hate most are the ones we both spend saying "i dunno.." for ages till we're too late to come up with anything! :)
    Great set of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the middle shot! I made them bigger so I could see some expressions and those are KEEPERS!!!! I, too, love that you picked the pic based on E's favorite thing about the carnival...great idea! I'm looking forward to going soon too!

    ReplyDelete