Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010 (011/365)


Colored Cheerios
Last year when Louis and I were able to get away for a long weekend, Etienne was able to spend some time with my sister and my niece. While there, he was allowed to do everything, eat everything and get away with everything he isn't allowed to at home. But isn't that what aunts and cousins are for? Well I have been battling the colored cheerios since. Etienne has always snacked on regular Cheerios. He loved them. Serve them up in a bowl and they were one of his favorite snacks. That is now a thing of the past. The first time I tried to give them to him after that weekend I heard. I want colored Cheerios like Aunt Denise's. I just groaned. I've never given him sugar cereal. I tried to pass off Honey Nut Cheerios (less sugar), but I guess they look too much like the no sugar Cheerios and he won't have it. I'm embarrassed to admit how many Cheerios I have thrown away since. Well, today while at the store picking up some groceries, we were on the cereal aisle. I reached for regular Cheerios and Etienne asked so nicely "please can I have some colored Cheerios?" I finally gave in and bought my boy some Fruit Loops.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha... yes, I feel your pain. My kids used to drink plain white milk, and after a month of my mom being here with me and the new baby... they won't! Now it is chocolate or strawberry milk. >SIGH<

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE HAVE FRUIT LOOPS IN THE HOUSE NOW??? 8^)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally on Etienne's side here! apple jacks and fruit loops are GOOD stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pick is awesome!! I admit it, we have cookieeeeeee crisp in our house:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've gone over to the dark side too monique - fruit loops are abundant! Great photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, he loves them would eat them all day if I let him. We also have both chocolate and strawberry milk. He won't drink plain milk. Hasn't for about 6-8 months now =^[

    ReplyDelete