Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14, 2010 (014/365)

The Power of the Mighty Vacuum Cleaner
The playroom just gets to a point where I can't even look at it. I used to just clean it myself, but about 2 months ago while vacuuming the living room, Etienne got so worked up about his toys on the floor and begged me to not vacuum them up. A light bulb went off. I didn't try it that day. I waited only a day or two when I told him I needed to vacuum the floor in his playroom and any toys left on the floor would be swept up and thrown away. Oh my gosh! He moved at lightening speed. Now I just have to bring the vacuum out of the closet and he knows what needs to be done. Sometimes he fights me just a bit and tries to convince me that his playroom doesn't need to be cleaned. I'm probably jinxing myself, but it has worked every time. I know it wont last forever, but I'm going to enjoy it while it does.

4 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at the before and after shots!? Thought you'd got a cleaner in :) Great tip...will be introducing the fearful machine to my little mess-maker tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember how the vacuum used to work on the cats? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if it works Adele.
    Yup Honey. You didn't even have to plug it in and the cats would scat.

    ReplyDelete