Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15, 2010 (015/365)

Power Outage
We lost power today at about 5pm. We were all napping, but I was woken up by the monitor beeping. Once up, I can't go back to sleep so I got up. We were rapidly losing daylight so I grabbed a flashlight and found some candles then I lit a fire. Etienne came down from his nap and was happy to see all the candles lit. He noticed two of them together on a side table and said "there's the mommy and daddy candle...where's the Etienne candle". So I grabbed a little tea light candle and nestled it right next to the "mommy and daddy" candles. This pleased him and me too. When power was restored about and hour and a half later and he was allowed to blow out all the candles.
♥ ♥ ♥
You little man are the flame that will always warm my heart.
♥ ♥ ♥

4 comments:

  1. Oh monique! This is GREAT photography! absolutely stunning - and story too. My fav of yours so far! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet words. Thanks so much Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo... beautiful reflection. Glad I stopped in today!!

    ReplyDelete