Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 22, 2010 (022/365)

Let's Go Krogering
Tonight we went Krogering to find something for dinner. We visited the new Kroger on 99. That place is huge. Can you believe we purchased our bar stools (which we had spent the better part of the afternoon shopping for at 3 other stores) and a bookshelf for Etienne's room at Kroger? You heard me correctly. The grocery store has an area with home decor and they are very reasonably priced! Anyway, they have these cute little grocery baskets for kiddos there. Of course we had to let Etienne push his own basket. He had the biggest smile on his face when he realized the basket was perfectly his size. He made a bee line to the Valentines candy and started loading up. I think Louis and I were enjoying it just as much as he was. He was all over the place and we kept having to take stuff out of his basket. By the time I remembered I had one of my cameras in my purse, he was taking this shopping business very seriously. It was just crazy trying to shop, keep up with him and returning the stuff he was putting in his cart back on the shelves. It is definitely something I would not try while I was by myself with him, so it might just be the last time for him to push his own grocery cart.

3 comments:

  1. Love this one - great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks so grown up here! probably my mind playing tricks .... thinking it is a full size cart! it sounds like a 'fun' excursion! we might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had fun, but if you try this Selene, bring some back up help!

    ReplyDelete